Raphel is an important character in Baldur’s Gate 3. As a devil, he presents offers that people can’t refuse, only to realize that they made a bargain that has to be kept, for good or ill. He also happens to have a plan for your character. Our guide discusses the Baldur’s Gate 3 Deal With the Devil quest and the proposal from Raphael. Likewise, please be aware that this article contains spoilers.
How to Complete Deal With the Devil in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Baldur’s Gate 3 Deal With the Devil quest happens during the third act, specifically once you reach the town of Rivington. As you’re doing the Open Hand Temple Murders task, you might come across the Sharress Caress pleasure house. You’ll find Raphael in one of the rooms on the second floor.
Should You Accept Raphael’s Proposal
Raphael proposes the following: he’ll give you the Orphic Hammer, which is the only weapon that can free Orpheus. In exchange, you must hand over the Crown of Karsus once you’ve obtained all the Netherstones. This will allow him to rule the Nine Hells. Here are your choices:
- You can accept the offer, in which case you’ll be bound via a pact with the devil.
- You can reject it outright.
- Lastly, you can mull it over (i.e. stay undecided for now). Bear in mind that getting the Crown of Karsus is a late-game objective since you have to acquire all three Netherstones:
- You’ve already obtained the one from Ketheric Thorm.
- The other two are held by Orin the Red and Lord Gortash. You’ve got quite a few things that you need to do before you can take them out. Surprisingly enough, they’re also rivals, which means they’re trying to coax you into allying with them, too.
How to get out of your deal
If you accept the Baldur’s Gate 3 Deal With the Devil proposal, you’re told that you have to keep your promise (i.e. hand over the Crown of Karsus to Raphael later in the game). Going against this pact would mean losing your soul for eternity.
However, there’s a hint stating that your contract is kept hidden in Raphael’s domain. Perhaps there’s an opportunity that allows you to steal it right from under the devil’s nose.
As an aside, we went a different route: we did not accept Raphael’s proposal, but we still entered his domain. That’s where we found the Orphic Hammer on our own. You can learn more in our guides on the Helsik Ritual and House of Hope. Moreover, you might be wondering if it’s possible to romance Raphael.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is filled to the brim with activities and secrets. You’ll no doubt be part of an adventure that can take countless hours to complete. For other tips, you can visit our BG3 guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
#Baldurs #Gate #Deal #Devil #Guide