Armored Core VI’s first balance update has arrived, and in addition to buffing a number of underused weapons, has “adjusted” some of the attacks of the game’s most infamous bosses.
Patch 1.02 takes aim at three bosses in From Software’s mech action game. The chapter 1 boss AAP07: Balteus, the chapter 2 boss IA-13: Sea Spider, and the chapter 4 boss IB-01: CEL240. According to the patch notes, each has had “certain attacks” tweaked in some form, presumably to be less punishing, though in usual From Software style what specifically has changed will be up to players to dive in and discover.
Balteus and IB-01: CEL240 in particular have earned quite a reputation as being some of the most challenging bosses in Armored Core VI. Balteus marks the first real challenge new players come up against that may require them to mix up their AC design and strategy in order to emerge victorious. Conversely, IB-01: CEL240, despite not being the final boss of Armored Core VI, certainly feels like it. The fast-moving mech dishes out massive, punishing attacks that can easily destroy players if they make a mistake, and much like Malenia in Elden Ring (which From Software also had to adjust to be less difficult), has an equally challenging second phase, complete with an entirely new HP bar.
The rest of patch 1.02’s adjustments might help early-game players beat the odds as well. A number of weapon balance buffs have come to weapons like the RF-024 TURNER, the MG-014 LUDLOW, and more, with many of the weapons having their attack power increased, reload times decreased, and projectile speeds increased. The patch notes state that the changes are to “allow players more build diversity in the early and mid-game when assembling their AC.”
Update 1.02 additionally addresses a number of bugs pertaining to specific missions and fixes two Steam specific issues. From Software’s official patch notes state that PvP balance adjustments will be released at a future date, which should mix up the game’s current multiplayer meta whenever it arrives. Prior to release, game director Masaru Yamamura said multiplayer is designed to complement Armored Core VI’s single player campaign, and was included “for the real hardcore fans.” Armored Core VI patch 1.02’s full patch notes are below.
Armored Core VI Patch 1.02 Notes
- Weapon Unit balance adjustments:
- MA-J-200 RANSETSU-RF: Increased attack power/rate of fire, decreased reload time.
- LR-036 CURTIS: Increased attack power, decreased reload time.
- RF-024 TURNER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- RF-025 SCUDDER: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR: Increased attack power/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- MG-014 LUDLOW: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased recoil and reload time.
- DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- MA-E-210 ETSUJIN: Increased attack power/total rounds/projectile speed, decreased reload time.
- Adjusted certain attacks performed by the enemy units AAP07: BALTEUS, IA-13: SEA SPIDER and IB-01: CEL240.
- Fixed a bug that prevented certain weapons from dealing damage to the boss of the mission “Destroy the Weaponized Mining Ship”.
- Fixed a bug that caused the boss of the mission “Prevent Corporate Salvage of New Tech” to be unable to detect the player.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies to not be displayed correctly during the mission “Survey the Uninhabited Floating City”.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain enemies and background objects to be displayed incorrectly during the mission “Attack the Old Spaceport”.
- Fixed a bug that caused vertical missiles and certain coral weapons to deal unintended amounts of damage.
- Improved camera controls when spectating online arena battles.
- Fixed a bug that caused the punch animation to not be displayed correctly on the opponent’s screen during online arena battles.
- Other bug fixes.
- [Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S / Steam] Fixed a bug that caused the game to enter offline mode and unable to save progress after the device recovers from sleep mode.
- [Steam] Fixed the text displayed onscreen after selecting “Quit Game” from the System Menu on the title screen.
- [Steam] Fixed a bug causing certain bosses to be rendered incorrectly.
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:
- App Ver. 22
- Regulation Ver. 1.02.1*
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
#Armored #Core #Update #Takes #Aim #Challenging #Bosses #Full #Patch #Notes