Diablo 4 Season 1 has arrived, offering up new items and quests for players that roll a new character. The big addition this season is Malignant Hearts, which operate like unique and more powerful gems. The new season also brought with it a new balance update, which introduced character nerfs across the board, leading to some backlash from the community. Another new feature is the Seasonal Journey, which, like in Diablo 3, gives players a series of tasks to complete in the new season, offering a variety of rewards like materials and Aspects for completing each chapter. Here’s what you need to do to complete each season and what you earn for doing so.
To complete this chapter you must finish 7 of 9 objectives.
Chapter 1 objectives:
- Den of Evil — Complete any Dungeon found on your map.
- Heart of Corruption — Collect a Malignant Heart, available after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- Into the Frozen Dark — Complete 3 Dungeons in Fractured Peaks.
- Keeper of the Keys — Collect a Whispering Key, sold at the Purveyor of Curiosities.
- Kind Stranger — Complete 5 priority or side quests.
- The Hangman’s Garden — Collect 15 Gallowvine, found nearly anywhere.
- Trouble in the Wilds — Complete a World Event found on your map.
- Waste Not — Salvage 10 Normal items at the Blacksmith.
- What Lurks Below — Complete 1 Cellar.
While all of these objectives are relatively easy to complete, the two objectives that are the most difficult and you might want to avoid are Trouble in the Wilds and Heart of Corruption. For Trouble in the Wilds, completing a world event shouldn’t be much trouble, but you will need to wait for one to occur. As for Heart of Corruption, this one is only going to give you trouble if you haven’t completed the campaign, since this one is locked until after that point.
Chapter 1 rewards:
- First Journey Cache (contains herbs and jewelry)
- Ancestral Charge Aspect (Barbarian)
- Subterranean Aspect (Druid)
- Gore Quills Aspect (Necromancer)
- Pestilent Points Aspect (Rogue)
- Searing Wards Aspect (Sorcerer)
To complete this chapter you must finish 9/11 objectives.
Chapter 2 objectives:
- A Torch in the Depths — Complete 5 Malignant Tunnels, available after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- A Warrior of Taste — Change your gear’s appearance 5 times at the Wardrobe.
- Baptized in Blood — Reach level 25.
- Finer Clarity — Upgrade your potion to Minor at the Alchemist.
- Gemcutter — Craft any Chipped gem at the Jeweler.
- Lighting the Way — Interact with 10 waypoints for faster travel to new places.
- Ruins Reclaimed — Conquer a Stronghold.
- Spit and Polish — Upgrade 2 items at the Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- Stopping the Spread — Collect 3 Malignant Hearts, available after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- Undertaker — Complete 10 Cellars.
- Vivisector — Collect 15 Demon Hearts, found from killing Demons or in Cellars.
Once again, this list of objectives is fairly easy, and several of them, like Undertaker and Vivisector, will likely be completed in tandem. Depending on how much exploration you have done, Lighting the Way could be a good one to skip, if you only have two or three waypoints up to this point. Ruins Reclaimed might also be a good skip, since Strongholds can give solo players a bit of trouble early on.
Chapter 2 rewards:
- Second Journey Cache (contains Scattered Prisms and jewelry)
- Bold Chieftain’s Aspect (Barbarian)
- Exposed Flesh Aspect (Necromancer)
- Shockwave Aspect (Druid)
- Surprise Aspect (Rogue)
- Frozen Orbit Aspect (Sorcerer)
All 13 objectives must be completed in this Chapter.
Chapter 3 objectives:
- A Master at Work — Complete 5 World Events with Mastery.
- Champion of the Lost — Conquer 5 Strongholds.
- Corruption Cleansed — Complete 5 Malignant Tunnels, available after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- Exceptional Potency — Upgrade your Potion to Moderate at the Alchemist.
- Grim Reward — Obtain 10 Caches from the Tree of Whispers, earned by completing Whispers.
- Hunter’s Whisper — Complete 10 Whispers, available after reaching a certain point in or completing the Campaign.
- Purging the Plague — Use Wrathful malignant invoker in a Malignant Tunnel after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- Risk and Reward — Buy 5 items from the Purveyor of Curiosities.
- Shards of the Fiends — Collect 5 Scattered Prisms, found from killing world bosses or treasure goblins.
- Steel from Iron — Upgrade two items at the Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- Touching the Eternal — Unlock 4 Aspects in the Codex of Power through completing Dungeons.
- Transfer of Power — Imprint an Aspect at the Occultist.
- Wonders Distilled — Craft 5 Elixirs of any time at the Alchemist.
Chapter 3 is the only one that requires you to complete every single objective. While there aren’t any you can skip, there are a few that you can complete in tandem, like Touching the Eternal with both Grim Reward and Hunter’s Whisper. Each region will have one dungeon that rewards whispers, so look to see if any of them would also get you a new Aspect in the Codex of Power.
Chapter 3 rewards:
- Third Journey Cache (contains Legendary Salvage and jewelry)
- Encroaching Wrath Aspect (Barbarian)
- Dire Wolf’s Aspect (Druid)
- Decay Aspect (Necromancer)
- Imitated Imbuement Aspect (Rogue)
- Unbroken Tether Aspect (Sorcerer)
To complete this chapter you must finish 10/12 objectives.
Chapter 4 objectives:
- A Legend at the Forge — Upgrade an item at the Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- A Trail of Mighty Corpses — Kill 100 Elite Monsters.
- A World Apart — Change the World Tier. Look for this on your Map.
- Benevolent Wanderer — Complete 25 priority or side quests.
- Gifts of the Ancients — Unlock 15 Aspects in the Codex of Power through completing Dungeons.
- Hardened by Battle — Reach level 50.
- Heartrender — Collect 10 Malignant Hearts, available after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- Legacy of the Sanctuary — Equip a Legendary item in every slot.
- Miracles of Alchemy — Craft 10 Elixirs at the Alchemist.
- Quelled Hatred — Purify 1,000 Seeds of Hatred in hostile areas. Look for this on your Map.
- The Father’s Gate — Complete the Cathedral of Light to unlock the Nightmare World Tier.
- The Stuff of Legends — Collect 5 Coiling Wards, found by salvaging Legendary Armor.
The vast majority of objectives in this chapter should be relatively easy to complete but one stands out as a clear pick for one of your two skipped objectives. Quelled Hatred requires you to complete objectives in one of the PvP zones. You don’t necessarily need to kill another player to complete this, but if you aren’t interested in PvP, this is an easy skip. Another one to skip is likely The Father’s Gate, not because you won’t want to do this one, but because you will likely complete most of the other objectives first, including Hardened by Battle, which requires you to reach level 50. Level 50 is the minimum recommended level for completing the Cathedral of Light, so you might skip this one by waiting until you are at the recommended level anyway.
Chapter 4 rewards:
- Fourth Journey Cache (contains Malignant Hearts, Forgotten Souls, and jewelry)
- Earthquake Aspect (Barbarian)
- Lightning Dancer’s Aspect (Druid)
- Coldbringer’s Aspect (Necromancer)
- Umbrous Aspect (Rogue)
- Gravitational Aspect (Sorcerer)
To complete this chapter you must finish 9/11 objectives.
Chapter 5 objectives:
- A Boon in the Tide — Open 1 Tortured Gift of any kind during a Helltide.
- Cut the First Ear — Kill another player in PvP.
- Exceeded Potential — Improve a Paragon Glyph to rank 4 after finishing Nightmare Dungeons.
- Keymaster — Craft 2 Nightmare Sigils at the Occultist.
- Prophecy Manifest — Open a Tortured Gift of Mysteries during a Helltide.
- Restored Glory — Upgrade 2 items at the Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- Scourge of the Malignant — Complete 15 Malignant Tunnels, available after completing or skipping the Campaign.
- The Depths of Fear — Use 5 Nightmare Sigils to empower dungeons, and then complete them.
- The Paragon’s Path — Unlock 15 Paragon nodes after reaching level 50 through using Paragon points.
- Wrath’s Beating Heart — Acquire a Wrathful Malignant Heart, available after completing or skipping the campaign.
Most of these are objectives you will likely complete just by doing the different post-game World Tier 3/4 activities. Once again, Cut the First Ear requires you to participate in PvP, although it could be completed relatively quickly since it’s only one kill. The two most time consuming activities on the list are Scourge of the Malignant and The Depths of Fear, but this chapter is mostly personal preference for whichever objectives you don’t want to do.
Chapter 5 rewards:
- Fifth Journey Cache (contains late game resources, Nightmare Sigils and fine jewelry)
- Craven Aspect (universal)
To complete this chapter you must finish 9/11 objectives.
Chapter 6 objectives:
- A Fiend Brought Low — Kill a World Boss in Nightmare.
- Ancestral Artisan — Upgrade 3 items at the Blacksmith or Jeweler.
- Crown to Foot — Imprint 10 Aspects at the Occultist.
- Lilith’s Undoing — Purify 5,000 Seeds of Hatred in hostile areas. Look for these on your Map.
- No Mere Mortal — Unlock a Legendary Paragon node after reaching level 50 through using Paragon points.
- Pilgrimage of Nightmares — Complete a Tier 15 Nightmare Dungeon.
- Reaching for Greatness — Improve a Paragon Glyph to rank 20 after finishing Nightmare Dungeons.
- Tempered by Hellfire — Reach level 75.
- The Gathering Fires — Acquire 1,000 Cinders during Helltides in Nightmare.
- Threshold of Damnation — Complete the Fallen Temple to unlock the Torment World Tier.
- Wrath’s Vengeance — Defeat the Nightmare Echo of Varshan after completing the seasonal storyline.
First up to potentially skip is Lilith’s Undoing, which requires you to complete PvP objectives. Again, this is a great one to skip if PvP isn’t something you enjoy. As for other possible skips, A Fiend Brought Low and The Gathering Fires are both good candidates. Neither is particularly hard, but World Bosses and Helltides aren’t always available, with several hours between World Bosses, so the time of day you play might just not line up with the spawn timers. Depending on what level your Paragon Glyphs are at this point, Reaching for Greatness might be a bit of a time sink as well.
Chapter 6 rewards:
- Sixth Journey Cache (contains late game resources, Nightmare Sigils and fine jewelry)
- Audacity Aspect (universal)
To complete this chapter you must finish 6/8 objectives.
- Anointed Immortal — Reach level 100.
- Blessed Mother Departed — Kill the Echo of Lilith in the Archives of Issalia in Torment.
- Heads of the Snake — Kill 5 Helltide Commanders during Helltides.
- Lord of the Nightmares — Complete a Tier 43 Nightmare Dungeon.
- Mephisto’s Bane — Purify 10,000 Seeds of Hatred in hostile areas. Look for these on your Map.
- Shattered Fiends — Kill 15 World Bosses in Torment.
- The Spoils of Hell — Open 3 Tortured Gifts of Mysteries during Helltides.
- Wrath’s Dying Breath — Defeat the Tormented Echo of Varshan after completing the seasonal storyline.
This is the final chapter for Season 1, requiring only six objectives for the final reward. For skippable options, once again Mephisto’s Bane requires you to participate in PvP activities. Shattered Fiends could be a good skip as well, since only four World Bosses spawn each day, making this one take a minimum of four days, assuming you are online and kill each World Boss. The rest of these should be easy to complete, although you might be able to finish everything else before reaching level 100 for Anointed Immortal. For the Lord of the Nightmares objective, Tier 43 dungeons typically spawn level 97 monsters.
Chapter 7 rewards:
- Seventh Journey Cache (contains late game resources, jewelry, and a Scroll of Amnesia, which refunds all allocated Skill and Paragon Points)
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
#Diablo #Season #Seasonal #Journey #Rewards #Objectives