Every RPG in the history of gaming has a magical class, and they go by a variety of names. Wizard, Mage, and Enchanter are a few examples, but in the world of Diablo, this is the Sorcerer. It’s a strictly DPS class just like all the others, but the world of Sanctuary doesn’t use the concept of party roles.
The Sorcerer returned with the launch of Diablo 4 and players have already discovered that there are a variety of ways to customize their characters and enjoy a unique and creative leveling experience. For those who are serious about indulging in the lore and storyline and want to level a master of the elements, this guide will lead them through their first Sorcerer-class quest chain.
- Create A Sorcerer. This is a class-specific quest that’s only open to Sorcerers. There are no class trainers in Diablo 4, and the experience and rewards from this quest are intended to fill part of that gap.
- Reach Level 15. Once a character reaches level 15, this quest will appear automatically in their quest log. They’ll receive an “Astral Call” which is intended to be a kind of psychic signal intended for Sorcerers.
When a location or travel route is in doubt, check the map to find most relevant locations marked by gates, skulls, obelisks, and other icons. Now that level scaling is part of the game mechanics, there aren’t any high or low-level areas, so characters can go anywhere at any time.
A Guide To Legacy Of The Magi
- Follow the Astral Call. This is neither a side quest nor a part of the main story quest chain. It’s found under a third tab in the Journal.
- Speak to Mordarin. The astral call leads to an NPC named Mordarin. He’s located in the southwestern corner of Desolate Highlands, standing next to a decrepit shack. He says that he has ancient knowledge that he wishes to impart, but first, he needs a book called the Forgotten Codex. It’s located in a nearby delve called the Lost Archives Dungeon.
Quests are organized in the Journal by color. Yellow quests are part of the main storyline, side quests are blue, and class quests are white. Each one has its own separate tab in the Journal, and the player can track any quest by clicking on them.
The Lost Archives Dungeon
The Lost Archives Dungeon is open to anyone, but only Sorcerers can access the quest. You don’t have to defeat the end boss, called the Spiritcaller of Frost, to get the Forgotten Codex. The entrance is nearby, and it’s easy to find provided the character can fight through this patch of haunted wilderness.
- Enter The Dungeon. This dungeon is open to any player and doesn’t have any locks or prerequisites to enter. It consists of an outer dungeon and an inner dungeon deeper within.
- Open The Inner Dungeon. Like many of the other dungeons in Diablo 4, this needs two special items set into pedestals to open an inner door. It’s fairly straightforward to find them in the passages to the right and left. Each one is guarded by a Demonic Vanguard, which must be slain.
- Find the Chest. After opening the door to the inner dungeon, find the chest that contains the Codex. It is located in a chest in a section called the Halls of Knowledge.
- Return To Mordarin. Thankfully, players don’t have to run the whole way to get out of the dungeon. It’s possible to port back to the nearby town of Nevesk and then walk back to Mordarin and his Abandoned Shack.
The Demonic Vanguards don’t move very much and stay in their corner of the dungeon as opposed to patrolling around. They’re easy to find on the map, marked by prominent white skulls, with the boss waiting in the middle.
The Abandoned Shack
When you return to the Mordarin, he’ll ask the player to protect him during a ritual involving the Codex. This involves a fight with a wave of demons, but it’s much easier than the Lost Archives dungeon that was just completed.
- Light the Braziers. First, Mordarin will ask you to light four braziers to start the ritual. This summons several demons, and they’ll attack the player in succession.
- Defeat the Demons. Kill the demons as they spawn. This is fairly easy, as there aren’t any elites. Use shield, CC, and AoE spells to clean them up. The toughest demon is a succubus.
- Speak to Mordarin. After the demons are dead, speak to Mordarin again and he’ll give you a nice reward, which of course includes the Codex as an offhand. Other prizes include some gold, experience points, and the Sorcerer’s first Enchantment Slot, which can be accessed using the “S” key or by scrolling to the bottom of the Skill Tree.
Diablo 4 is available now for the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Common Mistakes To Avoid When Playing Diablo 4
#Legacy #Magi #Quest