Godrick the Grafted is the final boss of the first starting area in Elden Ring, and he won’t go down easily. After taking some damage, Godrick will go over to the dragon on the side of the arena, and will literally take its head and attach to it one of his arms. This will allow him to shoot deadly flames all over the place, but players can take him down if they watch his patterns and dodge accordingly. Once the fight is over, Elden Ring players will receive a Key Item called Godrick’s Great Rune. The item description will tell players to seek the Divine Tower of Limgrave, which “stands beyond the great bridge from Stormveil Castle.” Here’s how to get to the Divine Tower to use Godrick’s Great Rune.
Updated August 1st, 2023: Taking down Godrick the Grafted can be incredibly satisfying for new Elden Ring players. Not only will they gain access to his Axe, but they’ll also receive his Great Rune. Unfortunately, to use Godrick’s Great Rune, players must first activate it. This requires going to the tower associated with Godrick’s Great Rune in order for players to be able to equip it. This can be a little confusing for those that are unsure of where to find the tower and getting to it can be difficult thanks to a horde of enemies sprinkled throughout Stormveil Castle. To better help players find the Godrick’s Great Rune Tower, the following guide has been updated with a video.
Divine Tower Location
To get to the Divine Tower to activate the rune, players need to find their way to the Limgrave Tower Bridge Site of Grace, which is on the east side of the Stormveil Castle area. If players have yet to unlock this site of grace, then they should follow the steps below, starting from the Liftside Chamber Site of Grace.
How to Get to Divine Tower of Limgrave
- From the Liftside Chamber, head out the door that leads east.
- Once outside, head south through the area with spiked wooden fences, but be sure to hug the left wall to avoid enemies.
- Head down the path and go through the gate.
- Keep running past the enemies until an area appears that’s a little more open. Turn left (heading east) to enter a large building with statues of knights with shields and weapons.
- This will lead players to the Limgrave Tower Bridge site of grace.
- Now, players will need to cross the bridge to find a teleporter. However, there are giant enemies on the bridge, so players can either avoid them altogether or take them down.
- Use the teleporter at the end of the bridge to be taken to the Divine Tower.
- Head to the top of the tower and interact with the item near the tree in the middle of the arena (don’t worry, there are no enemies in this tower to deal with).
Getting to the top of the Divine Tower and interacting with the item there will restore power to Godricks Great Rune, and players can equip it by using the new menu item at any Site of Grace. However, before the effects of the Rune come into play, players will need to consume an object called a Rune Arc.
How to Get Rune Arc
Elden Ring players can find Rune Arcs by defeating enemies or purchasing them from merchants, but a sure-fire way to get one is by buying it for 4000 Runes from the Twin Maiden Husks at Roundtable Hold. The Arc will need to be used each time players respawn, or else the effects of the Great Rune will not work at all.
Elden Ring is available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Complete Guide To Elden Ring: Weapons, Tips, Tricks, Bosses, & Builds
#Godricks #Great #Rune